Wilson Insurance and its affiliated company Wilson Benefits Ltd. recognizes the importance of privacy and the sensitivity of personal information. We have an obligation to keep confidential all information by which you can be identified. We are committed to protecting any personal information we hold.
This policy outlines how we manage your personal information and safeguard your privacy.
Your Privacy Rights
Since January 1, 2004, all businesses engaged in commercial activities must comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA). The PIPEDA confirms your rights concerning the privacy of your personal information. Wilson Insurance is responsible for the personal information we collect, use and disclosure to others. To ensure our accountability, Wilson Insurance has developed this summary, an internal policy manual, implemented security measures and trained our staff about our policies and practices.
This policy recognizes and is in compliance with the following ten Privacy Principles set out under the PIPEDA:
- ACCOUNTABILITY: An organization is responsible for personal information under its control and shall designate an individual or individuals who are accountable for the organization’s compliance with the following principles.
- IDENTIFYING PURPOSES: The purposes for which personal information is collected shall be identified by the organization at or before the time the information is collected.
- CONSENT: The knowledge and consent of the individual are required for the collection, use or disclosure of personal information, except when inappropriate.
- LIMITING COLLECTION: The collection of personal information shall be limited to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by the organization. Information shall be collected by fair and lawful means.
- LIMITING USE, DISCLOSURE, and RETENTION: Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by the law. Personal information shall be retained only as long as necessary for fulfilment of those purposes.
- ACCURACY: Personal information shall be as accurate, complete, and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- SAFEGUARDS: Personal information shall be protected by security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- OPENNESS: An organization shall make readily available to individuals specific information about its policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- INDIVIDUAL ACCESS: Upon request, an individual shall be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his personal information and shall be given access to that information. An individual shall be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate.
- CHALLENGING COMPLIANCE: An individual shall be able to address a challenge concerning compliance with the above principles to the designated individual or individuals for the organization’s compliance.
We may update this Privacy Statement and Notice so please review it often. If we update our Privacy Statement and Notice, we will post the most recent version on this website.
If you would like more information about our policies, or you would like to see exactly what personal information we have about you in our records, or you wish to register a complaint, please contact:
Name: Lisa Colwell (VP Personal Lines, Partner)
Address: 404 Queen Street, Fredericton, New Brunswick, E3B 1B6