Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have a vehicle accident, providing property, liability and medical coverage.
All provinces and territories require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you’re financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Wilson Insurance offers many different types of auto insurance, including:
- Bodily Injury Liability – covers injuries that you, the designated driver or policyholder, cause to someone else.
- Property Damage Liability – pays for damage you (or someone driving the car with your permission) cause to someone else’s property.
- Direct Compensation Property Damage (DCPD) – covers damage/loss of an automobile or its contents, to the extent that the driver of another vehicle was at fault for the accident.
- Accident Benefits – a “no fault benefit” that provides medical and rehabilitation expenses, funeral benefits, death benefits, and loss of income benefits.
- Collision – pays for damage to your car resulting from a collision with another car, object or as a result of flipping over. It also covers damage caused by potholes.
- Comprehensive – reimburses you for loss due to theft or damage caused by something other than a collision with another car or object (e.g, fire, falling objects, vandalism, some natural disasters or contact with animals such as birds or deer). Comprehensive insurance will also reimburse you if your windshield is cracked or shattered.
- Uninsured and Under-insured Motorist Coverage – reimburses you, a family member, or a designated driver if one of you is hit by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver. This coverage will also protect you if you are hit as a pedestrian.
For more information on this coverage, simply send us an email or request a quote and an account representative will be in contact with you.