Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have a vehicle accident, providing property, liability and medical coverage.
Many individuals and families are making urgent and difficult changes in order to protect their livelihood as a result of the COVID-19 Pandemic. Our insurance advisors have gathered some COVID-19 Insurance Tips to help you navigate the risks. We are here to help you and your family.
COVID-19 Car Insurance Tips– Car insurance is mandatory so if you are facing financial pressures from job loss or business closure from the COVID-19 Pandemic, contact your Dedicated Account Manager about options available to you such as monthly payments, how to safely reduce coverages, review for discounts based on your changed driving behaviors and more. We are here to help you and your family.
Using your personal automobile now for deliveries for your work during the COVID-19 crisis? In insurance lingo we call that a “change of use”. You need to advise your broker to ensure you will be covered for a loss.
Contact Your Dedicated Account Manager
All provinces and territories require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you’re financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Wilson Insurance offers many different types of auto insurance, including:
- Bodily Injury Liability – covers injuries that you, the designated driver or policyholder, cause to someone else.
- Property Damage Liability – pays for damage you (or someone driving the car with your permission) cause to someone else’s property.
- Direct Compensation Property Damage (DCPD) – covers damage/loss of an automobile or its contents, to the extent that the driver of another vehicle was at fault for the accident.
- Accident Benefits – a “no fault benefit” that provides medical and rehabilitation expenses, funeral benefits, death benefits, and loss of income benefits.
- Collision – pays for damage to your car resulting from a collision with another car, object or as a result of flipping over. It also covers damage caused by potholes.
- Comprehensive – reimburses you for loss due to theft or damage caused by something other than a collision with another car or object (e.g, fire, falling objects, vandalism, some natural disasters or contact with animals such as birds or deer). Comprehensive insurance will also reimburse you if your windshield is cracked or shattered.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage – reimburses you, a family member, or a designated driver if one of you is hit by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver. This coverage will also protect you if you are hit as a pedestrian.
For more information on this coverage, simply send us an email or request a quote and an account representative will be in contact with you.